Wednesday, December 19, 2007

While I Was Away


Its been a while since I've posted an article. Exams, traveling and relaxing have taken up all my time the past couple weeks. Not to much has happened in the NC State sporting world since my last post but I will try to give my take on the few things that have occurred.

First of all a big thanks goes out to my roommate, Jason Lee, for designing the hew header at the top of the page. Jason is an experienced web designer who has designed web sites for multiple clients. His work can be found at http://jasonldesigns.com/services.cfm.

The NC State basketball team is preparing to play the Davidson Wildcats on Friday. Davidson comes into this game with a record of 4-5 (2-0). Two of the Wildcats' losses have come to the Tar Heels and the Blue Devils. Davidson played Carolina tight losing 72-68 while shooting 38.8% from the field. Duke beat the Wildcats by 6 in a 79-73 loss relying on Gerarld Henderson's 21 points. Davidson is known for their aggressive play and hard work. Their main play maker is sophomore Stephen Curry who averages 24.1 points and 3.2 assists per game. Curry is shooting an astonishing 41.9% from three point range. Despite playing UNC and Duke so well Davidson has lost to UNC Charlotte and Western Michigan this year. Despite these disappointing losses I still feel NC State is going to need to finally put together a 40 minute complete game and get better results from their outside shooters to put Davidson away. This is a scary game for the Wolfpack. With their up and down play early in this season I have a feeling were going to need our best performance of the season to win this game.

This Friday's game against Davidson will also mark the first game Sophomore Marques Johnson will be eligible to play. Johnson is a transfer from Tennessee who sat out last year due to NCAA regulations. Coach Lowe has not ruled out the possibility of playing Johnson against the Wildcats but I don't think we'll get to see much of NC States newest addition unless we start to pull away.

Finally, I had the privilege of meeting Mr. Dewey Corn this weekend. Most of you might not be aware of who Mr. Corn is but I'll fill you in on a little of what I found out about him. Mr. Corn is a friendly gentleman who graduated from NC State and is a member of the Wolfpack Club. What separates Mr. Corn from other Wolfpack fans I have met in the past is the fact that he has not missed a single NC State football game, home or away, in 32 years. This kind man drives to home and away games every Saturday during the fall in order to watch the Wolfpack. I hope to interview Mr. Corn in the future and post my conversation with him for all Wolfpack fans to read.

No comments: